22150 ROBINSONVILLE ROAD *** LEWES, DELAWARE
Join us in the Chapel for
Maundy Thursday Service,
4/6/23 at 7pm!
Our congregation dates back to 1800 when a small Methodist society began meeting in the Angola Schoolhouse and quickly became known as the Angola Methodist Church. In 1838, we were able to construct our own facilities here on Robinsonville Road. The chapel was originally named Connelly's Methodist Episcopal Chapel in honor of William Connelly, the pastor and master carpenter who spearheaded the project. Over the years, the name was shortened to Conley's Chapel.
During the Civil War era, a cemetery was added, and in 1876 the original chapel was replaced by the present structure. Through the years, the chapel has been lovingly cared for as it served as a house of worship for God's people, including a thorough renovation in 1901 and upgrades to the sanctuary in 1944. In 1978, a fellowship hall was constructed adjacent to the chapel; today, the hall is home to Conley's Thrift Shop.
Since the construction in 2010 of our worship center at 33106 Jolyns Way, the new facility has served as our primary house of worship; however, the chapel continues to serve our congregation and community on a limited basis. In addition to regular prayer services, the chapel hosts holiday worship services on the eves of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the cozy atmosphere provides a warm, peaceful setting for small weddings and memorial services.
For more information about using the chapel for your special occasion,
contact the church office at 302-945-1881